Have you ever wondered if all the web cams around the world are secure? After you read this you will say no. This is a simple trick to gain access to different unprotected webcams online which are streaming in real time.
Since most of the webcams are used to transmit and stream feeds online, it is easy to gain access to live feeds online!
Follow the following steps to gain access:
- Open your browser and load google.com
- Search for the following Keyword “inurl:/view.index.shtml”
- Choose any of the links and Enjoy the show!!
Here is the list of Few Google Dorks used for this purpose:
- intitle:”Live View / – AXIS” | inurl:view/view.shtml^
- inurl:axis-cgi/mjpg (motion-JPEG)
- intitle:”live view” intitle:axis
- allintitle:”Network Camera NetworkCamera”
- intitle:axis intitle:”video server”
- intitle:liveapplet inurl:LvAppl
- intitle:”EvoCam” inurl:”webcam.html”
- intitle:”Live NetSnap Cam-Server feed”
- intitle:”Live View / – AXIS”
- intitle:”Live View / – AXIS 206M”
- intitle:”Live View / – AXIS 206W”
- intitle:”Live View / – AXIS 210″
- inurl:indexFrame.shtml Axis
- intitle:start inurl:cgistart
- intitle:”WJ-NT104 Main Page”
- intext:”MOBOTIX M1″ intext:”Open Menu”
- intext:”MOBOTIX M10″ intext:”Open Menu”
- intext:”MOBOTIX D10″ intext:”Open Menu”
- intitle:snc-z20 inurl:home/
- intitle:snc-cs3 inurl:home/
- intitle:snc-rz30 inurl:home/
- intitle:”sony network camera snc-p1″
- intitle:”sony network camera snc-m1″
- site:.viewnetcam.com -www.viewnetcam.com
- intitle:”Toshiba Network Camera” user login
- intitle:”netcam live image”
- intitle:”i-Catcher Console – Web Monitor”
This might look at times not a critical vulnerability but this can be misused by people like terrorists to monitor people, map places and plan out actions. They can also monitor during real time terrorist attacks. It would be similar to the Mumbai (India) terrorist attack where terrorists from Pakistan were viewing live feed from TV news channels and passing on the information to the terrorists.
These vulnerabilities can be resolved easily by proper access control.
Related External Links